Cornelia Williams Gemologist corneliawilliamsgems.com / Date of posting: May 11, 2023
by Samantha B.G.
Phony gemologist / Jewellery and gemstone appraiser scamName / Alias: Cornelia WilliamsSupposed Credentials:
* On her phony website, it is noted: 'Cornelia Williams is an independent gemologist and jewelry appraiser with over 15 years of experience in the field.'Website: https://corneliawilliamsgems.com/
Where one can find the facial image? Homepage of Cornelia Williams Gems website
Date that website was first registered: 2023-04-21
Website domain registrar: NameCheap
Website hosting provider: Cloudflare
Physical addresses cited on website:
US : 99 Kneeland St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Canada : 4671 ONTARIO Avenue Unit# 57 ON P6A 4N5,Canada
UK : 14 Great Charles Street Queensway, Birmingham,WMD, UK
Take note: Yes, the Canadian address is an incomplete address. Phone number cited on website:+18575749829+44718368934
Do the area codes of the phone number correspond to either physical address?: Plausible. The 857 area code serves the City of Boston and surrounding area. The +44 country code is for the UK.
With three physical addresses and two phone numbers, this means that there is no phone number listed for Canada.
Email address cited on website:firstname.lastname@example.org
Also to note:
* Unlike most other previous iterations, the Cornelia Williams Gems scam site actually offers to sell jewellery, rather than to just appraise jewellery. The Reenie Hanson Gems scam site (see below), which is also pretty new as of the time of this posting, also offers to sell jewellery.
* The phone number starting with 857 and the mailing addresses in Boston would both appear to be unique to this iteration of the jewellery appraisal scam site involving this woman's face, but that could be subject to change at any moment. The specific +44 number for the UK appears to be unique as well, albeit other variations of this scam have had +44 numbers, which includes Lauren Angelo (relatively new), Andreea Sasser (still active), Suzanne Sasser (somewhat new, active), Claudia Denise Wallace (still active), Carola Johnson (now defunct) and Carola Kemp Gems (domain lapsed on May 8, 2023).
* The Cornelia Williams Gems scam site appears to use a diamondbroker theme. For instance, one URL, of many, from which the 'About' page draws content is:https://corneliawilliamsgems.com/wp-content/themes/diamondbroker/style.css?ver=6.2
Content for Cornelia Williams Gems site served up by Amazon AWS?: No
While some related websites featuring the image of the same woman's face have had content served up by Amazon AWS in the past, this website does not appear to do likewise. This woman may attempt to reach out to men on dating / social networking sites, under whichever alias.
After having supposedly busted her laptop, she may attempt to get someone to send her a replacement laptop to her, in Turkey, where she claims to be working temporarily. Given the high number of websites in question, it's hard to say how many angles there could be for different targets and how many people and/or organizations may be working behind the websites and their presumably related profiles on various dating / social networking sites. However, one possibility is that a proverbial targeted victim is being recruited, via a romance scam, as a conduit to ship other people's jewellery -- from the U.S., Canada or the UK -- off to Africa and/or the Middle East.
It's possible that people may send their jewellery for appraisal, possibly to a home address listed on a jewellery appraisal website. (This would be the supposed business location.) The 'jewellery appraiser' may have an address located somewhat close to the person who wants an appraisal. The romance-targeted-victim, netted via the romance scam, may then, in turn, ship that jewellery off to their loved one, under the context of doing her a service, as she is temporarily traveling abroad.
The romance-targeted-victim may then be facilitating a theft against a jewellery appraisal customer. In doing so, the individual shipping
jewellery out-of-continent may be an unwitting accessory to a crime. Once the jewellery reaches Africa or the Middle East, it won't be coming back.
In the case of Cornelia Williams, rather than shipping jewellery out-of-country (or in addition to such), the scam may involve customers of the 'jewellery appraiser' passing along jewellery to get appraised, but then such jewellery could wind up being shipped to other customers, within the same country, buying jewellery off the Cornelia Williams scam site.
Other related scam sites, which feature the photo of the SAME WOMAN'S FACE, but each under a different alias, including some sites with corresponding Watch for Scams report pages, are as follows:
Lauren Angelo laurenangelogems.com -- New site, registered via NameCheap on March 18/23Julie Cooney juliecooney.com -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/julie-cooney-gemologist-juliecooneycom-date-of-posting-may-6-2023.html -- Somewhat new site, registered via NameCheap on Nov 9/22
Melisa Emma, Allure Gems Lab alluregemslab.com -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/melisa-emma-gemologist-allure-gems-alluregemslabcom-date-of-posting-may-9-2023.html - New site, registered via NameCheap on March 17/23
Stacey Lambert /staceylambertgems.com -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/stacey-lambert-gemologist-staceylambertgemscom-date-of-posting-may-10-2023.html -- New site, registered via NameCheap on April 21/23
Reenie Hanson reeniehansongems.com -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/reenie-hanson-gemologist-reeniehansongemscom-date-of-posting-may-9-2023.html -- New site, registered via NameCheap on April 19/23. (This Reenie Hanson Gems site also offers to sell jewellery.)
Emily Layla, Exquisite Gems Labs exquisitegemslabs.com -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/emily-layla-gemologist-exquisitegemslabscom-date-of-posting-jan-21-2023.html
* Exquisite Gems Labs site still online, as of May 6, 2023.Cynthia Lewis, Royal Glamour Gems royalglamourgems.com
* Royal Glamour site still online, as of May 6, 2023.Andreea Sasser andreeasasser.com -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/andreea-sasser-gemologist-andreeasassercom-date-of-posting-june-27-2022.html
* Andreea Sasser site still online, as of May 6, 2023.Sandra Smith sandrasmithgems.com -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/sandra-smith-gemologist-sandrasmithgemscom-date-of-posting-jan-22-2023.html
* Sandra Smith Gems site still online, as of May 6, 2023.Claudia Denise Wallace claudiadenisewallace.com
* Claudia Denise Wallace site still online, as of May 6, 2023.Naomi Pat Collins naomipatcollins.com -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/naomi-pat-collins-gemologist-naomipatcollinscom-date-of-posting-aug-14-2022.html
* Naomi Pat Collins site appears to be down, as of May 6, 2023. All the same, you can find an archived copy of the homepage of this scam site (which includes the image of the same woman) via the Internet Archive at: https://web.archive.org/web/20230123033833/https://naomipatcollins.com/
Julia Dimaggio juliadimaggio.co -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/julia-dimaggio-gemologist-juliadimaggioco-date-of-posting-june-20-2022.html
* Julia Dimaggio site appears to have been down as of Jan 21, 2023 and is still down as of May 6/23. Archived version of site available at: https://web.archive.org/web/20220620091102/https://juliadimaggio.co/
Sandra Hall sandrahall.co -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/sandra-hall-gemologist-sandrahallco-date-of-posting-may-19-2022.html
* The Sandra Hall site appears to have been down as of Jan 21, 2023. As of May 6, 2023, the homepage seems to just offer links to searches. Archived version of site available at: https://web.archive.org/web/20220517041420/https://sandrahall.co/about/Zaee Harris zaeeharris.com -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/zaee-harris-gemologist-zaeeharriscom-date-of-posting-may-19-2022.html
* The Zaee Harris site appears to have been down as of Jan 21, 2023 and is still down as of May 6/23. Archived version of site available at: https://web.archive.org/web/20220628010826/https://zaeeharris.com/
Carola Johnson carolajohnson.co -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/carola-johnson-gemologist-carolajohnsonco-date-of-posting-may-19-2022.html
* Carola Johnson site appears to be down, as of May 6, 2023. Archived version of site available at: https://web.archive.org/web/20230123034251/https://carolajohnson.co/Carola Kemp carolakempgems.com
* Carola Kemp site was still online, as of May 6, 2023, but as the domain expired on May 8, 2023, it now appears to be down.
Martina Paugh, Universal Gems Diamond Experts universalgemsdiamondexperts.com -- see https://www.watchforscams.com/martina-paugh-projectconsultant-manager-universalgemsdiamondexpertscom-date-of-posting-may-20-2022.html
* Universal Gems Diamonds Experts site appears to have been down as of Jan 21, 2023 and is still down as of May 6/23. Archived version of site available at: https://web.archive.org/web/20220517224028/https://universalgemsdiamondexperts.com/
Another recently-created jewellery scam site, involves a woman wearing a medical mask: Suzanne Sasser suzannesasser.com - Somewhat new site, registered via NameCheap on Nov 11/22.
Yet another jewellery scam site, which does not presently appear to feature a photo of the supposed jewellery appraiser, is GemPro Lab -- gemprolab.com - Site registered via NameCheap on March 24/23.
For more discussion of this romance scam interfacing with a jewellery appraisal scam, please go to the aforementioned Watch for Scams page for the now-defunct Sandra Hall site: https://www.watchforscams.com/sandra-hall-gemologist-sandrahallco-date-of-posting-may-19-2022.html